The rapper recently celebrated his 44th birthday, so in honor of his birthday, other than going accepting a vegan challenge with his wife Beyonce, he decides to rank his top albums not by sales but by his own opinion.
Here’s what the rapper had to say about his solo career….
1. Reasonable Doubt (Classic)
2. The Blueprint (Classic)
3. The Black Album (Classic)
4. Vol. 2 (Classic)
5. American Gangster (4 1/2, cohesive)
6. Magna Carta (Fuckwit, Tom Ford, Oceans, Beach, On the Run, Grail)
7. Vol. 1 (Sunshine kills this album…fuck… Streets, Where I’m from, You Must Love Me…)
8. BP3 (Sorry critics, it’s good. Empire (Gave Frank a run for his money))
9. Dynasty (Intro alone…)
10. Vol. 3 (Pimp C verse alone… oh, So Ghetto)
11. BP2 (Too many songs. Fucking Guru and Hip Hop, ha)
12. Kingdom Come (First game back, don’t shoot me)
The rapper lists his top four albums as classics then the rest he chooses which songs were his favorite off the album.
The list is pretty accurate to me.